Wednesday, April 18, 2007

midnight victim


Midnight Victim.

the rain falls on my face.

--[your hands are shaking]--

I tell you I love you
as my MP3 plays angel musick.

I lean in to kiss you.

&& my batteries go dead.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

there was a bleeding expectancy
seeping from your eyes,

and I felt that feeling you get
when you break a mirror
and the glass cuts your hands

and for a split second

you wish it had cut you
just a little deeper.

just to feel...

...the shocking
contentment
of being

flawed,

misshapen,

torn.


I love being your
midnight victim.

The one you break down,
underneath the moonglow.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Distracted yet completely focused,
you caress me with
your trigger hand

--[[headphones drop into a puddle]]--

you lean in to kiss me

&& the stars fall for us.





farewell to make belief.

'Cause baby, you're the real thing.

No comments: