Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Immortal

Immortal.

seeming to fall
the breeze knocks me
on my knees
and I can't control
the feeling I get
when you're near

seems like we're
standing at the edge
of the world

all the thoughtless cares
and silent interruptions
exist only in the dead warmth
of our hands that summer

pale blue eyes sink...

they sink into
soft embers of sleep

and as I try to keep
my head

your breathing comes
out slowly
and my lips become
dreary

they ache for the
birth of awakening
I yearn for your pallid irises
to open and bring
my smile back to life

resurrect this feeling
we used to have

the one we still have...
...decaying in our bones.

tear away at your skin
and I'll break away at the marrow

release yourself
by imprisoning me
in your heart

it's the only place I want to be.


immortal.

No comments: